Thursday, February 28, 2008

Front runner fans with stupid car flags

Ok, Im going to go off on a rant today.

Im tired of front runner fans, you know who you are, who deem it neccessary to display any of the following

- Flags attached to the sides of their cars from their windows (these are unbelievably annoying and stupid looking to boot)
- Large inflatable items in their yard
- Huge window stickers

When, and only when their "team" wins a big game, usually the championship.

This has been no more evident then the Giants Super Bowl win. The next day, Im sure every store on earth sold out of Giants gear, as the front runners, band wagoners, sunny day fans, and Patriot haters (the majority of Giants backers for the super bowl) raced to deck their cars and houses out in blue and red.

Collectively, my favorite teams have won two titles in my complete lifetime, the Atlanta Braves in 95, and NY Rangers in 94. Although all of my teams have been pretty good most of my lifetime, the Knicks, Rangers, Braves and Vikings, all of them have seen considerable bouts of down time, and 2 of the four have won nothing in the 26.5 years Ive been on the earth. I wear the hats in good and bad times, I wear the shirts, the jerseys, have the key chains and mugs, the house carpet, etc.

Hilarious thing is, even after the Braves won the series and the Rangers won the Stanley Cup, I did not purchase a single item after the victory. My support was equal the day before, and day after they won, it didnt waver, increase, or motivate me to have to display the fact in everyones face that "my" team won, with stupid car flags. The feeling was enough for me, and should be for any die hard fan.

So, for people who think they are cool, or "part of the frat" by displaying 600 lbs of memoribillia they didnt have Superbowl Saturday, on Superbowl Monday, you are pretty much just a joke to everyone who isnt in your "frat". Just wanted to point that out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home