Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Racism

A recent turn of events led me to make my first post in a very long time. Racism.

I cannot possibly understand how a person can hate another for nothing other then their skin color, or dissaprove of two individuals not of the same skin color being together.

Further more, I do not have the slightest idea where the logic rests.

For instance, ask a person who is racist, why they hate a particuliar race.

Likely, their answer will be include some stereotypical behavior, clothing style, or way of life. It will never be simply for the fact that they are a particuliar skin color. Im not sure if the differences between people were anything more then skin color in their opinion, they would even hate at all based on race.

So, in reality, they are hating a whole group of people, for those particuliar behaviors, clothing styles, or way of life, without actually knowing if each individual person practices those particuliar hated items.

If I am white, what is to say, that a Black woman, Latin woman, or Asian woman is not the best match for me? Can a Black woman not take good care of me? Can Asian women not be educated and stimulating? Can a Latin woman not be an excellent mother to my kids? Can it be possible that I found a non-white woman who posseses all of those qualities, and in greater abundance then any white women I've met, including my ex-wife? Should I settle for a poor quality white woman simply because shes white? No thanks.

Why should skin tone ever matter? Its just skin. Its not the person, and never will be. A white person, a black person, and every other skin tone on the planet could identify with or possess any quality, including those some would like to stereotype as traits of certain skin colors.

For those who think you shouldnt go outside of your own "race". Why? Is it some sort of "racial purity" thing? Shouldnt I be looking for the best mother to my children and partner for me, instead of trying to keep the propogation of my skin tone alive? It's rediculous to rather have a "racially pure" home, then a stable, warm and loving home.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home